How do We Test UVC?
LS126C UVC type ultraviolet radiation meter is professionally used to measure the intensity of UVC ultraviolet rays. Its spectral response range is 230nm-280nm, and the peak wavelength is 254nm, which is the UVC ultraviolet radiation energy power per unit area.
The two test standards issued by the state must be observed when testing with the instrument:
1. You must turn on the UV lamp for 5 minutes to test, because the UV intensity of the lamp is relatively stable after 5 minutes of turning on the UV lamp.
2. The instrument is placed at a vertical position 1m under the UV lamp for measurement.
Also, if you want to test uvc light at 222nm wavelengths, please use this specialized product as below, further information please contact us.
How to protect from uv rays?
1. In public places, individuals should avoid staying in the ultraviolet lamp area as far as possible to prevent the UV-C beam from being exposed. In particular, do not look directly at UVC ultraviolet lamp at close range. When using hand-held UVC ultraviolet lamp to disinfect the surface of articles, the staff should wear protective glasses, such as goggles and protective cover. Cover hands, arms, legs and neck as much as possible. It is forbidden to touch the ultraviolet disinfection lamp directly.
2. When using fixed ultraviolet disinfection lamp for large-scale disinfection, it is necessary to inform everyone to leave the killing place in advance, and set up signs around the entrance to prevent irrelevant personnel from entering the sterilization area. Close and cover all windows to accommodate stray UV-C beams indoors and to prevent from exposure to the outside.
3. When deploying UVC lamps, aim at the target surface, area or object in advance. When working with a fixed ultraviolet disinfection lamp, it is strictly forbidden to stand in front of the lamp. Please turn off the UV lamp after the disinfection work is completed.
4. Before and after use, please regularly check whether the UV lamp is damaged (especially when flickering occurs). If the bulb is too hot to touch, let it cool down before checking. Do not handle cracked or broken UV bulbs with bare hands. During the ultraviolet disinfection, the staff should pay enough attention to their own safety to avoid infection with infectious viruses and bacteria. When performing ultraviolet disinfection, wearing a breathing mask is an effective way to avoid inhaling harmful microorganisms and chemicals (such as concentrated cleaning solutions).
Transmittance for Different materials
The ordinary ultraviolet lamp tube is made of low-cost high-boron glass. And high-boron glass’s ultraviolet-transmitting performance is not very good, which causes the ultraviolet ray intensity down to weaken and affect the sterilization effec, but also causes light decay largely and practically shorten the working life. And UV transmission performance of the quartz tube is much higher than that of high borosilicate glass. So its sterilization efficiency and working life will be much better than high borosilicate glass. Then the price of quartz tube will be more expensive. Generally, wave band with the best of ultraviolet sterilization effect is between 250nm and 280nm. The annealed JGS2 quartz glass material is currently the main production material for ultraviolet lamps. As studies show, the quartz lens’ transmitting rate for UVC can reach 93％，while for plastic, glass or other materials, the transmitting rates are much lower than that of quartz lens’, in other words, other materials can almost block 100％ UVC rays.